Monday 26 May 2014

Review: L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Eyeshadows




Hello everyone! Can you believe that this is only like my 4th or 5th product review on this blog? Obviously I'm always talking about products I like and dislike but straight up reviews aren't what I gravitate towards. I think it's because a lot of the time I don't have a definitive opinion on a lot of makeup items. It's rare that I absolutely love something and want to tell everyone about it instantly (depressing). I also know that a lot of the time certain products will work for me but not for other people. What if I recommend something and someone buys it and hates it? I couldn't take the shame.

However there is a product(s) that I've been using everyday for weeks now and they are the new L'oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure eyeshadows. I have the colours 106 Breaking Nude which is a matte brown which looks slightly taupe in the pan and 200 Over the Taupe which looks like a shimmery version of Breaking Nude. These were an absolute bitch to find online for some reason but I eventually found them on the Boots website under the name L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow. However you need to swatch these in store to understand HOW GOOD THESE ARE. CAPITALS ARE NECESSARY. They are gel infused eyeshadows which makes them buttery as hell. It makes them the Mayors of Buterryville. Pack your bags chalkiness because you are not welcome here. They are so soft to the touch and they leave the most subtle sheen on the lids, especially the shimmery shade called Over the Taupe. They can also be built up to a really nice intensity and they last all day too. There are 20 shades in total with a mixture of matte and shimmery shades and a good range of highlighters, base colours and more intense colours which would be great for smokey eye looks. The two colours I currently have are perfect for everyday wear and work with any makeup look you decide to go for. Some of the shades have patterns embossed on them which makes them individual and more expensive looking and all the better for swatching. They are £5.49 per colour which I guess if you had all the colours would end up costing a lot but I don't begrudge paying £5.49 for the best drugstore eyeshadows I've ever tried (I went there).
Thanks for reading and if you've tried these let me know what you think of them in the comments below!
 Lots of love,


2 comments:

  1. The colours look lovely! Sounds like such a great product :)
    www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am full on obsessed! (can you tell?) xx

      Delete