Wednesday 14 May 2014

Ombré: Suck it and See

If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I decided to Ombré my hair. Obviously this is not a new thing in the world of hair with scores of celebrities and youtubers and everyone else giving it a try and I've always been super jealous of how cool it looks. So yesterday I used my Superdrug points to buy a box of the L'oreal Wild Ombre kit for Light Brown to Dark Brown hair. I didn't tell anyone I was going to do it so when the house was empty I whacked it onto my hair in a worryingly haphazard manner and let it work it's magic. The instructions are very straightforward so weren't really necessary. I did use the brush it comes with but I also went free hand for some of it. You're supposed to leave it in for 25-45 minutes depending on your desired intensity. About 30 minutes in I panicked that the ends of my hair were going platinum blonde so I washed it out. Kinda wishing I hadn't now because it's not as intense as I would like it however I am still really pleased with it. This is how it turned out:

Hello washing line!
My Top Tips (as an Ombre newbie)
1. Don't overthink it. I think a lot of people can over complicate it by worrying too much about the graduation from brown to blonde. It's not essential to do it in 50 different stages because with one simple kit it works just fine. Mine isn't perfect but I think that's what makes it work. Just slap that stuff on to your hair and hope for the best.
2. Don't worry about trends! A few people have said to me that ombre is out and so last year and that made me a little worried. But then I was like it's my hair why should anyone else care (rhymed). And I'm so glad I didn't listen to anyone because I love it. 
3. Suck it and See. Even if you have doubts, if you know that it's what you want to do just go for it. There's always dye remover or going over it with a darker colour. I think this goes for all hair/makeup/fashion decisions not just the one I went for. 

That pretty much sums everything up! Thanks for reading!
Lots of love, 


2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks really nice! My hairdresser ombred my hair but I do wish I just did it myself to be honest, how hard can it be haha?! Not very judging by your post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm lazy and poor so I didn't bother with going to a hairdressers. It was so easy, it literally took me less than an hour and a half! I really recommend the l'oreal kit. Thanks again, Annie :) x

      Delete