Wednesday 15 January 2014

Face of the Day #1


Products Used:
L'Oreal Infallible in 125 Natural Rose- £12.29
Seventeen Phwoarr Paint in Fair- £5.49
Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot- £12.00
E.l.f Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in Antigua- £3.75
Beauty UK High Brow Kit-£3.99
Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten - £13.00
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate- £4.99 
Collection Fast Stroke Eye Liner- £2.99
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler- £20.00Max Factor False Lash Effect 24 Hour Mascara in Black- £11.99
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush- £7.99


Woah... I pile a lot of crap onto my face of a morning. 

Anyway today I used the L'Oreal Infallible foundation as my base as I wasn't in work so I didn't need anything to last too long on my face (despite this foundation claiming to last 16 hours). I pretty much don't use any other concealer than the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint because its cheap whilst also doing a really good job of concealing my black hole pores.

The e.l.f contouring kit is wonderfully cheap but sadly the bronzer is slightly too dark for my skin tone and I am not the most light handed, however the blusher is really nice. I think it's still worth the money even if I only use the blusher. The Beauty UK brow kit is another top notch product that is really cheap. The bottom left shade is perfect for making my brows look like big slugs on my forehead. 

Now onto my first holy grail product to be mentioned in this post- Stila Kitten. I'm obsessed. I first came across it in the Stila In the Light palette and never looked back. As soon as I hit pan in the palette, I clicked onto Asos as fast as my fingers would take me and did a tribal dance round the letter box for the next 3-5 business days encouraging its arrival. Anyway I slather my entire eyelid in it everyday. 

To add a spot o' colour to the eye, I like to use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate because it makes a change from the normal neutrals whilst not being too wild. 

My next holy grail item is the Collection Liquid Eyeliner. I have literally used this stuff since year 8 (yes I started wearing liquid eyeliner when I was in year 8, don't judge 12 year old me). It's super easy to apply, it only takes one coat to make a jet black line, it lasts all day and best of all, it's only £2.99. Score. 

Shu Uemura eyelash curler, obvs, swiftly followed by Max Factor False Lash Effect 24 Hour Mascara. Oh my god, is there superglue in this mascara? I quadruple cleanse and there are still specks of this unyielding concrete welded to my eyelashes. If you have problems with mascara drop down throughout the day this could be perfect for you, but be prepared for rubbed raw eyelids at the end of the day. Next time I will definitely be buying the original version as I actually really love the length and volume it gives to my eyelashes. 

To pull everything together, I applied the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush as this has been my go-to colour this autumn/winter. I don't know if you can tell but all the writing has rubbed off. It has also made me excited for the new Revlon lip lacquer and matte balms which I ordered today and will soon be in my possession- eeeeeeek!
What do you think of the products I used today?
Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading,





No comments:

Post a Comment