Friday 11 April 2014

Makeup Haul: MAC, Smashbox, Illasmasqua & More!

If you read my last post you will know I have given up buying makeup for lent therefore it was obvious that I was going to go mad buying things before lent began. I will say that these weren't all bought in one day, some of it was bought on my trip to London however they were all bought so close together that it might as well have all been in one day.
I actually bought this with my Boots points. If you are like me and like to amass a lot of points and grow very attached to them, you will know that it takes a special product to convince me to part with them. I hadn't been planning on buying this or anything but I saw it in my local Boots and my heart shouted 'THAT'S IT, THAT'S THE PRODUCT'. I can't tell you how satisfying it was walking out the shop with my little Smashbox bag. Less satisfying when I realised I had to run for my train because I'd spent so long in Boots. 
I also recently purchased this because I'm having serious issues with dull skin. You know when you put foundation on and you just want to claw it all off straight away because it looks so bad? I've been feeling like that for so long and decided to try and do something about it with the Photoready Skinlights face illuminator.

Next is a product I'm really excited about. It's the Illamasqua cream pigment in Hollow. I am of the football face variety but this product gives me cheekbones and I feel like a new woman. At this moment in time I have no desire to ever buy a bronzer or contouring product ever again because of this gem. 
Who knew I was such a sucker for gimmicks?! Stamping this on my face is a weird experience but I really like the colour and it's cheap and innovative so I'm currently enjoying this little contraption.
 I bought these two whilst in London and they are lovely but I have to be very light handed when using them. Drawing a line across ones cheek tends to drag the foundation along with it.
This is another London purchase of mine, since my Anastasia Brow Wiz ran out the morning I applied it in my hotel room. As horrifying as that was I knew that somewhere in London I might just be able to find a brow product. I got this in the shade Brownie Points which is a perfect shade for me. I like it just as much as the Brow Wiz and it's a little bit cheaper. HUZZAH!
My local Boots doesn't have the full Revlon lipstick selection so I took advantage of the wider range in London. I bought Stormy Pink but it's weird because it's a bright pink but it's sheer but it's matte. When I first put it on it was a 'what the fuuuuuuuuuuuu' moment. Once built up it becomes much more opaque which is less unusual looking. 
In the MAC store I unintentionally bought a lipstick that looks identical to Stormy Pink, clearly I'm loving these kind of colours at the moment. The MAC version, called Pink Nouveau, is much more pigmented and is a satin finish and I looove it. It's blue toned which is my favourite kind of pink. I went into the MAC store off Carnaby Street and it was so nice, it wasn't overly busy and we weren't hounded by workers as soon as we walked in. Two thumbs up.
This is the lipstick I originally wanted in the MAC store which was sadly out of stock however it was in stock on the Debenhams website and I had £10 on my beauty club card so I got it for £5. It's in the colour All Fired Up and is a retro matte formula. There's so many layers to it, there's pink in there, there's red and blue and I really, really........ really love it. There's 10% off on the Debenhams website at the moment as well and if I wasn't still going strong with lent I'd be tempted to get another MAC lipstick. They're an addiction.

Thanks so much for reading! Lots of love, Annie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment