Friday 4 April 2014

Outfit of the Day #8

Hello again and welcome to a bit of a lazy outfit of the day!
Sheinside smock Red Long Sleeve Polka Dot Horses Print Dress


New Look Shoes- £7 (sale)
 This dress arrived in the post yesterday I saw it as the perfect opportunity to throw together an outfit of the day. I ordered this dress about a month ago from Sheinside and immediately after ordering it I googled the company and there are some terrible reviews out there that go something like 'DONT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE'. So naturally I was a little worried that my order would never arrive. But lo and behold, yesterday, it did. My next worry was would it fit?. This dress is a 'one size fits all' item because its a smock dress so is a little oversized. I was very nervous but thankfully it fits really well and I don't have to go through the annoyance of trying to send it back which, the reviews assured me, is a pain in the bum. The only thing that isn't quite perfect is that it's rather short hence why I wore my flattest shoes. If you're any taller than 5ft 2" then this dress will become decidedly less like a dress and considerably more like a top. The sleeves have elastic around the cuffs which is a nice touch and the print on the fabric is adorable. 
I paired it with these shoes because, as I said before, they don't have much of a heel plus I think the gold chunky chains on them go well with the dark burgundy red of the dress. I also added a really delicate gold chain.
Please excuse my hair in this post, it was so windy! I would also like to excuse my eyebrows because they ended up huge and I couldn't be bothered sorting them out. I wore a neutral pink on my lips because I didn't want to add to the loudness of the dress. 
Overall I am really pleased with the dress and even though it did take ages to arrive it kind of felt like I was getting it for free because I paid for it so long ago. Thanks so much for reading! Lots of love, Annie x

2 comments:

  1. Aww love this. Just found your blog and find it amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that's so sweet :) x

    ReplyDelete