Sunday 30 August 2015

Eyebrow Routine

Hi everyone. Today I thought I'd share my current eyebrow routine with you. You only have to go back to early posts on my blog (although please don't) to see how bad my eyebrows used to be but I think I've got to a point where I won't look back at pictures and cringe inwardly. 
My favourite tweezers are these Browtician Slant Tip Tweezers that I have miraculously managed to keep in their little case (the only way I can save them from the tweezer eating demon that is the sofa cushions). I spent a bit more on these than I usually would but I'm glad I did. They grip the hairs so easily and whip them out with minimal pain. Tweezing is much less of a chore with these.
 I then use an old Soap & Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush. The pencil end ran out a long time ago but I really love the brush end so I've kept it. The brush really grips the hairs and I have really long eyebrow hair (but tiny eyelashes- go figure) so it's essential to have a decent brush on hand. 
Once I have all the hairs in the same direction I move on to my Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint And Pencil. The directions say to use the tint end first but I didn't read them at first and did it the other way around and now I can't change. So I go in with the pencil end first to do most of the filling in and to give myself the general outline. It's an ashy brown shade which is perfect for my hair colour.

 Then I use the tint end to make the edges neater and more defined. It's a much finer point than the pencil end so you can be more precise with it. It's pretty much the same colour as the other end but not as opaque which makes it perfect for doing the gradient effect at the front of my brows. If I go a bit over the top with this, I take the spoolie again and it takes the colour down a notch. 
 The last step in my brow routine is to put a gel through it. My current one is the Sleek Brow Perfector in Clear which isn't the most amazing gel in the world. It has a bit of a shine to it if you put too much on which I don't appreciate but it'll do for now.
To see th'eyebrows in action you can check out this post or this post.

That's all for today, I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for stopping by, lots of love,

2 comments:

  1. I get my eyebrows threaded as I am so bad at plucking my own haha and I use a little bit of eyebrow powder to fill in sparse areas
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried threading but it hurt too much! haha x

      Delete