Thursday 20 August 2015

Getting Back into Highlighting


I can't remember when it was but a while ago I completely ditched highlighter. One day I decided not to use it anymore and I didn't bother about it again...until now! (absolutely nothing to do with the strobing trend). I don't know what made me grab for it again, my sister likes her highlighter which might have swayed my decision. I fished around in my draw (the one full of makeup I don't use anymore but don't throw away) and this cream highlighter from No7 was the only one I owned (probably the only makeup product I only own one of). I remember I first bought this because I liked how fat the stick is but I also remember finding it really dragged and moved my foundation, making it cakey and unattractive. Now when I use it, I scribble a load on the back of my hand, then use my fingers to dab some on my cheekbones and sometimes on my cupids bow if I remember. The colour is a lovely champagne colour and leaves a really nice sheen on the cheeks which isn't too glittery or stark. 
Having oily skin put me off highlighting for a long time but I was starting to feel like I was too matte. My cheeks are actually pretty dry nowadays so they were definitely craving some glow. I just avoid putting it down my nose because this is where I get oily. Realising I actually can highlight my face without looking like a shiny mess was a nice little revelation. Ideally I would have a powder highlighter to set the cream highlighter in place but until I get my hands on one (preferably Mac Soft and Gentle) this one is doing a really nice job!
Any highlighter recommendations or tips for highlighting with oily skin? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by, lots of love,

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this product, it sounds great xxx
    Ohjustalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never see people talking about it! Glad they agree with me though :) xx

      Delete