Sunday 23 August 2015

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer


Today I thought I'd do a quick review of this concealer that I've been using lately. I'd never read any reviews of it before, I just bought it because it was 3 for 2 on Bourjois and I needed a new concealer. It's supposed to be an anti-fatigue concealer and is extremely yellow in colour so I only use it under my eyes as a brightener (they say to use yellow under your eyes, right?). However, my skin is quite pink toned so I think this concealer is a bit too yellow for me, if you look at my under eyes in this post you can see quite obviously that it's a different colour to the rest of my skin and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it would work better on someone with warmer undertones. 
The consistency is quite thick and if you put too much on it can be quite difficult to get it to blend in and it becomes a bit cakey. I try to be careful not to squeeze too much out but the packaging makes that a bit difficult. When it does blend in, it looks okay but it doesn't make the skin look flawless or particularly brightened or radiant and it's not a dewy finish at all.  It also doesn't offer that much coverage in my opinion which is weird considering the thicker consistency. I'll continue to use it so I'm not being wasteful but I probably won't buy it again after that. If you have quite dark circles it might be worth a try since it is the most yellow concealer I've seen in the drugstore but if you're going for coverage or perfected skin this wouldn't be my first recommendation. 
Sorry to be such a debby downer! Let me know if you're tried this concealer and what you thought of it in the comments :) Thanks for stopping by! Lots of love,

2 comments:

  1. So great to read honest reviews! It's always helpful to read reviews on products you haven't got on with!! Thanks for sharing and lovely photography:))

    www.kirstyjennifer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a shame to write negative reviews but I agree, negative reviews are sometimes more helpful than positive ones :) Thank you :) x

      Delete