Wednesday 25 February 2015

Disappointing Product: Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

I don't often talk about skincare on my blog for the reason that it's so subjective. Everyone's skin is different so something that works for me may not work for someone else therefore I'm always wary of recommending something too highly. However when you hear something praised repeatedly but you don't feel the same it's hard not to have your say. The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel has received so much hype from bloggers big and small and, needing a replacement cleanser after running out of my Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, I decided to give it a try. I used it for a really long time and unfortunately I was left really disappointed. It did absolutely nothing for my skin at first but I continued to use it anyway. About a month ago however things started to go badly wrong. My skin felt so tight and dry after using it and no amount of serums, moisturisers or masks seemed to help the situation. I usually have oily skin so when I've got visibly dry, flaky patches on my cheeks you know something in my skincare routine isn't working. My foundation was going on so horribly and it was starting to get me down as when my skin doesn't look good I feel like the rest of my makeup looks bad too. One thing I will say about this product is that it lasts forever. I thought I'd at least use it until it ran out but no. It just keeps going. So you do get a lot in the bottle but it's expensive and in my opinion not worth the money. I've since switched to a £4 cleanser and I'm so much happier with it (blogpost to come). However, like I said, skincare is so subjective so while this is some people's holy grail cleanser it really didn't work so me. Let me know in the comments if you've tried this and what you thought of it :) Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment