Wednesday 19 November 2014

Red Eyeshadow?



Bedhead Cyberoptics Eyeshadow in Velvet - £2.99 from Tk Maxx

Hello everyone :) 
For today's post I decided to show you a product I've picked up on one of my trips to Tk Maxx. If you're familiar with any of my other posts you will recognise that I am firmly in the neutral eyeshadow camp but when I saw this rusty red colour for just £2.99 I couldn't see a reason not to try it out. It's also by Bed Head (Tigi) which is unusual as I've never seen any makeup by them before (and it turns out it's rather hard to get hold of in the UK). 
This is one of those colours that as I'm putting it on all I can think is 'oh god I've made a terrible mistake' however once it's blended out it's really got that 'grunge' look down to a T. I like to blend it as far up to the brow bone as possible and heavily on the lower lashline as well as I think the 'messier' the better with this kind of colour. Plus some warm brown tones through the crease never hurt anyone. 
I think it's easy to be afraid of colours like this one but I'm so glad I experimented as it's perfect for this time of the year when berry and dark red tones are introduced into our makeup more and more. 
I don't wear this everyday but when I feel like mixing it up this is an excellent option.
Thanks for stopping by, lots of love,

2 comments:

  1. This looks really pretty. It's not a shade I'd look at myself but reading this has changed my mind :)

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth a try! xx

    ReplyDelete